Monday, September 21, 2009

HTC Hero update.......where is Edinburgh weather?

My chum at work, Steve, has very kindly taken the Hero overnight and will attempt to perform the HTC updater for me as he has a laptop at home that has Vista on it.  A couple of further odd problems had arisen overnight. The built in HTC weather app comes with about 7 cities that are dialled in. They all update no problem. I tried to add Edinburgh but continually met problems as it just refused to update, telling me at the same time that “no weather data was available”. I tried adding a few other cities and they worked just fine but for some reason it doesn’t want to know about Edinburgh. It’s not like it is some small in the sticks town, flippin” nora, it is the capital of Scotland after all!

I ended up trying to add it about 10 times and then, when I checked the “cities” in the settings, I saw that Edinburgh was listed 10 times. What made this more annoying was that I then couldn’t delete any of those entries but could delete all the other pre-installed ones. Tis a pity as the HTC Weather app is very nice looking and would have done the job rather well. I’ll need to seek out an alternative weather application.

Rather worryingly, with the whole Android thing being so customisable I have already set out on the search for extra themes and initially wanted to get an iPhone one. What does that say about how things arfe going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment